Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Dewayne Bowman and the I.R.S. and Krissi Victims of the Pretty Things in Life B/W I'm Sorry Antique 1976

Dewayne Bowman and the I.R.S. and Krissi Victims of the Pretty Things in Life B/W I'm Sorry Antique 1976 CAT# UR 4323

I had every reason to believe this would just suck. From the idiotic band name to the absurd song titles and due to the association with the producer that did THIS. So, not just suck, but be this shit-tastic garbage pile of country cliches. I had all these great, mean-spirited things to say, but that was before I listened to it.

And well, it's not terrible. It's not good, either. Overall, I could see a bunch of drunk old guys in Pittsburgh, KS bar hearing this and saying it was pretty good. Dewayne Bowman has this big, booming country voice. It's a little over the top, but again, it's not the worse thing you'll hear all day. He is covered in a honky-tonk/country backdrop which, yeah, gets a bit cliche. He doesn't write, depends on two covers for this release. It's forgettable, but again, it's not terrible.

Meh, It's pretty bad

No comments:

Post a Comment