Sunday, August 9, 2015

Kathlyn Conroy Jessica and Nathan Reusch Wedding Flexi-disc May 24th, 2014

Kathlyn Conroy Jessica and Nathan Reusch Wedding Flexi-disc May 24th, 2014 NO CAT#

While I should probably discuss Cowboy, Indian, Bear before I jump into this, it's great and I due to the hassle of playing a flexidisc, I'm jumping in on this.

Kathlyn Conroy is a member of Cowboy, Indian, Bear and fronts her solo-project, La Guerra. Both of which are great, however, La Guerra isn't on vinyl, just CD. Nathan Reusch is an old friend and founder of The Record Machine . His label threw out a 5 LP bundle at a site called, Sound Supply and I wanted in on it, but had a couple of the featured records. I asked Nathan if rather than sending me dupes he could throw a few 45s I didn't have, and he threw this at me.

It was done as a party favor for his wedding. Kathlyn Conroy does an amazing rendition of the Christian hymn, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing". It was penned in 1757 and typically centered around a folk backdrop. Conroy throws atmospheric keyboard sounds and her echoed distant voice on top, it's beautiful. The second track, Daniel Johnston's "True Love Will Find You in the End" has been covered many times. Most of the covers help to showcase what a remarkable songwriter Johnston is, Conroy's is no different. She drops a single guitar line, more atmospheric synth sounds and her distant voice, it's very clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment